Majik House prides itself of the bespoke tailoring aspect of every client’s home that we work on. In this issue, we explore one of our most celebrated whole house solution projects for a high end client based in the Cheshire area.
The home owner placed significant emphasis on finding a company who would listen and understand the wants and needs of his family. A smart home system had previously been added to the property, however the characteristics of the installation did not work for the client. Majik House placed great emphasis on delivering a complete project that was uniquely specified to the client’s wishes, and to overcome all the previous issues. This included delivering a bespoke lighting design, complete sound control throughout with particular emphasis on the spectacular spa-swimming pool, plus state-of-the-art cinema, all with complete ease of use.
The system which had previously been installed was removed and the new design installed in its place to completely rejuvenate the functionality of the property.
Control 4 was our method of choice to make sure the whole property was simple to operate, a key importance on such a large scale project. HD TV Distribution was integrated throughout plus a Linn music system and bespoke internal and external lighting design. Particular attention to detail was placed on the exterior lighting of the property which was of paramount importance to the client.
- Sound – A Linn music system was the Hifi method of choice which was all controlled via the control 4 app on mobile device and via remote control access. Linn systems allow you to take full total control of your in-house music system with unbeatable sound quality.
- Visual – Samsung TV distribution was integrated throughout the property.
The cinema room was equipped with an 85” LED Screen TV, complete with a 7.1 Dolby surround system and Monitor Audio Speakers.
- Lighting – Lutron Homeworks Lighting was the system of choice to deliver reliable control. The lighting was solely designed by the Majik House Lighting Design Team, and installed to give maximum control that added a new dimensions to the home.
- Security – Full integration of alarm system through Control 4, with feedback directed back to the client via dedicated touchscreens and iPads when away from the property.
- Integration – Control 4 was the integration method of choice. Control 4 allows for a one touch solution, allowing clients to dim the lights, play music, turn up the heat, lock the doors and arm the security system. With Control4, your options are virtually limitless.
The total completion of this project took approximately 18 months from the initial design consultation to the Handover. The vast majority of the time spent was on design and producing a plan that the client was happy with and worked for him and his home. The installation period from start to finish took 4 months to complete.
The Cost: £180.000 inc VAT
Total cost includes all parts, labour, consultation and design.
To view more of our bespoke projects take a look at are new on line portfolio at
Plus, to see all that Majik House has to offer book an appointment to visit us at our award winning showroom on the edge of the Lake District.